ST. ANDREW'S PANTRY
St. Andrew's Pantry is a local outreach to our community. We provide food and other necessities to help folks get back on their feet.
The Pantry continues to be well used and needed. Several people from our community come in to our church throughout the week looking for food and other necessary items. Average numbers are 20-30 people per month. Thank you to all those who have been bringing in food and money. If you haven't already, please think about contributing cereal (we repackage into smaller bags), pasta sauce, peanut butter, canned fruit and vegetables, hearty soups, crackers, beans, jam/honey, shampoo, unscented soap and deodorant, diapers, and feminine hygiene products. We have also now expanded into some frozen food which is quite popular. Thanks for showing your love and care for the people of Owen Sound. It is greatly appreciated!
St. Andrew's was pleased to receive a cheque for $100 from HGM Insurance for our Pantry ministry. Our grateful thanks to HGM!
LOCAL MISSION AND OUTREACH
We also support a number of community groups and agencies through the generous support of the congregation:
1. Student Ministries: supports St. Andrew's members in student ministry.
2. RAY Ministries: outreach to youth on the streets in Owen Sound.
3. Habitat for Humanity: supports building affordable housing.
4. Salvation Army: supports the downtown Food Bank.
5. Huron Feathers Presbyterian Centre: supports the summer ministry at Sauble Beach.
6. Women's Centre: a shelter from violence for women and children.
7. Grey Bruce Chaplaincy: a hospital based chaplaincy in Grey-Bruce.
8. Our Daily Bread Ministries: Our Daily Bread devotional booklet.
9. Safe N Sound: supports a homeless initiative in Owen Sound.
10. Queen's Bush: a rural ministry helping farmers in need.
11. Discretionary Budget: provides money for emergency needs that may arise during the year and supports St. Andrew's yearly outreach events.
12. OSHARE (OWEN SOUND HUNGER AND RELIEF EFFORT): supports the serving of a hot, nutritious meal, Monday to Friday, 52 weeks a year, to 100 or more people at the Harmony Centre, Owen Sound.
13. Union Place: supports individuals with mental health issues.
14. Crisis Pregnancy Centre